Will Packer and his team definitely shook up the Oscars this year with representation that has never been seen on the Academy Award stage.
The “Girls Trip” and “Think Like a Man Too” producer along with Shayla Cowan put on a show that will be remembered!
Here are some highlights from the night:
- The event was hosted by Regina Hall, Amy Schumer, and Wanda Sykes. It has been 35 years since this many people have hosted the Academy Awards, let alone two women of color. The trio and their collective humor made the show fun and dynamic to watch.
- Beyoncé opened the Oscars with her song “Be Alive” from the King Richard Soundtrack. It is rare that she performs and attends award shows, so that alone made this Academy Awards special. She also recorded the performance at a Compton, CA tennis court where Venus and Serena Williams practiced their craft. Blue Ivy, Beyoncé’s daughter also took the stage with her as one of the dancers.
- Megan Thee Stallion gave an unexpected performance with the Encanto cast. She added a fiery new verse to the soundtrack’s breakout song, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.”
- Will Smith smacked Chris Rock on stage. Will did not take too kindly to a joke made about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, which resulted in the events. He later apologized for his behavior in his acceptance speech for winning Best Actor in King Richard.
- Last but not least; the winners of the major categories from the night. Smith took home the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role. Jessica Chastain won Best Actress in a leading role. Coda won for Best Picture. To see the rest of the winners and nominees click here.
Overall, Packer and his production company put on an Academy Awards that will certainly go down in history. The performances, the presenters, and the events that took place will not be forgotten.
6 thoughts on “Highlights from the 94th Oscars”
Hello.This post was really fascinating, especially because I was searching for thoughts on this matter last week.
This actually answered my drawback, thanks!
I have learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you place to create this sort of excellent informative web site.
I haven?¦t checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂
Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.
Some truly good information, Glad I detected this. “Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.” by Henry David Thoreau.
Comments are closed.