The MTV Music Video Awards is always a night full of phenomenal performances and surprises. This year’s show was no different.
- To start off the night, Jack Harlow performed a his song, “First Class,” that samples Fergie’s hit “Glamorous.” Sure enough he surprised fans with Fergie on the stage, and she showed out!
- Lizzo popped out on the VMA stage as well with an action packed performance of two of her hits; “About Damn Time” and “2 Be Loved (Am I Ready).” The choreography was on point and her outfit to die for!
- Black Pink gave a performance filled with attitude! Everything from their set design, song choice, and choreography was perfect.
- Bad Bunny gave a legendary performance at the Yankee Stadium in New York City. He also shocked the audience by kissing a male and female on stage. The dynamic performer made history by becoming the first non-English language performer to take home the Artist of the Year Award.
- Last, but certainly not least, Nicki Minaj shut the VMA stage down with a well orchestrated medley of all of her greatest hits and her new single, “Super Freaky Girl.” She also took home one of MTV’s highest honors, the Video Vanguard Award.
“Wakanda Forever” and “Woman King“ lead in nominations for the 54th NAACP Image Awards
The 2023 Super Bowl will make history as two Black quarterbacks face off for the first time
“BMF” & “All American” star Da’Vinchi opens up about his heart for philanthropy and mental health advocacy