Transformation Church hosted its annual ‘Flood Sunday’ service and Pastor Michael Todd delivered a message on the importance of being baptized. The people flooded into Tulsa, OK to be delivered from their sins and reborn through baptism. The response was so great Transformation Church hosted two services. The service also began with TC Worship’s new song “Eagle,” which has quickly climbed the hip hop charts to number one. The day was filled of worship and baptisms.
As always listen for yourself and see what stands out, below are a few notes.
- We don’t just follow the message of the Bible, we follow the method of the Bible
- Baptism isn’t an obligation, it’s an opportunity for overflow
- Opulence isn’t overflow
- Baptism is a divine interruption
- Overflow starts with obedience
- God can take what’s barren and bless it through baptism.
- Where you’re going is not as important as what God is doing
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?”  [a]38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. (Acts 8:36-38)
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
*Acts chapter 8 verses 26 through 40*